Wednesday, February 20, 2013

First update from Holland

Well, I've finally managed to figure out a way to get wifi at our condo, and should be able to post more regularly.

The JetLag is mostly worn off at this point, and I'm settling in rather well at work. There are a TON of differences, and it's been great learning alternative methods and sharing techniques with my new colleagues. It's been quite the exchange of talent and knowledge.

They've set the four of us up in two condo-houses-bungalow-thingies. C, the only guy who came over with us from Ashland, has his own smaller place, and then A, M and I are in a slightly larger 3-bedroom unit.

So far, we've fixed dinner as a group, which had been a lot of fun. Taking turns cooking and cleaning, splitting grocery costs equally.

C and I are going to take a day-trip to Amsterdam this weekend, while A and T head to Germany for two days with friends they know who work in other departments back in Ohio.

I'm amazed at how quickly my Dutch is coming back to me. I'm pretty much fluent again, and only struggle/trip up on certain words now and then. I've been getting better daily.


No comments:

Post a Comment